Pregnancy Ticker

pregnancy

Thursday, August 18, 2011

No News is Good News

This time around the blog is so much more boring than last time. No emergency room visits, very minor complications, VERY few ultrasound pictures. None of this, of course, is any reason to complain. We always wanted to have free babies with relatively uncomplicated pregnancies, so we're finally getting it. We were just talking recently how, at this point in the last pregnancy, Sarah was coming home from a hospital stay of almost a month, during which they had to actively keep her from going into full-blown labor. This time around she's uncomfortable and tired, but we'll take that over all the drugs and boredom of the hospital every time.

On the home front, my office has been 75% converted to Zoe's room. The French doors were installed by my great friend, Jonathan (with my unskilled labor assisting), and look fantastic, but I still need to paint them. All of my stuff is out of there (thanks, Jared!) and all of her stuff is in, but it's just not quite a finished work. Clothes need to be organized and put into drawers, boxes of diapers discretely stacked in a corner, and the all important swing set up and ready for sleepytime. We'll have to put some more baby stuff on the walls, too. I'm not sure if she'll be in to impressionist oil-on-canvas still-life (I know her mommy isn't, that's why it was in my office in the first place).

Sarah will have her cousin Laura here for the shower this weekend, given by my sister-in-law, so that will be fun. Jared and I will need to take the kids to GranJan's for some pool time, methinks. After the shower we'll have a better idea of what's missing from the list so we can fill in the necessities. Thankfully, we found a bin of baby clothes we've been saving so we really haven't had to buy much in that department.

One thing that's funny is that we don't really have a good single stroller. We have a really great double stroller, but I don't think Zoe will need that much space. The one we registered for is also a jogging stroller, so hopefully we can use it for that once the weather gets a bit more temperate. We were just starting to enjoy our walks around the neighborhood with the kids in our double jogging-stroller (thanks Jess!) before it got too hot to continue. Hopefully Zoe will enjoy (or sleep during!) our 2-mile constitutionals in the evening.

5 comments:

Jessica James said...

You guys will be a sight - each of you with a stroller it tow! We cannot wait to meet baby Zoe!!!!

Faith King said...

Can't wait to meet little Zoe, but I'm sure not as much as you guys!

GranJan said...

Y'all go for 2-miles walks everyday?! I'm impressed. Good for you!

Jennifer said...

Wish I could be there too! I already her name would be Zoe, but I was momentarily thrown off seeing it so much in print. Yay for another Zoe!

Jennifer said...

*already knew