Pregnancy Ticker

pregnancy

Friday, May 11, 2007

Update on blood levels

I got my levels back for 21 days past ovulation. We generally get 2 numbers. One is the HCG and the other is progesterone.

My HCG, or beta as it is often called, is at 5081. This HCG is about average for multiples, and much higher than what they are expecting for a singleton pregnancy. HCG levels are not much different for twins and triplets, so we won't be able to see how many babies we have until our ultrasound toward the end of the month.

My progesterone is at 190. To get an idea of progesterone ranges during pregnancy, look at the listing below. No wonder I feel terrible! My progesterone level is higher right now than the majority of pregnant women reach in their pregnancy. Outside of making me feel terrible, this is a very good thing. It can signify a very strong and healthy pregnancy (and lots of babies).

Progesterone during pregnancy

First Trimester 9-47 ng/ml
Second Trimester 17-147 ng/ml
Third Trimester 55-200 ng/ml

That's all the news for now. We'll update you as we learn more!

1 comment:

Fwb_tripletmom said...

My levels were exactly the same as yours and I was told pre-ultrasound that I was probably only pregnant with twins. Guess what? On exactly 6 weeks, my ultrasound revealed triplets. So I don't believe any of those beta numbers anymore. Not to scare you or anything. (I also had a friend who had REALLY high beta numbers and only had a singleton, so nothing is definitive with these blood tests.) Good luck and keep us posted on what the ultrasound results are! (Btw, I'm Vicki's friend, in case you're wondering how I found your weblog.)